- $8.00 For recording deeds, mortgages, or other instruments of writing, for first page (not to exceed legal size page, 8 1/2" by 14"
- $4.00 For second page and each additional page or fraction thereof
- $20.00 Recording town plats, for each page
- $7.00 Recording releases or assignment of real estate mortgage & 2.00 second page & each additional page.
- $1.00 Certificate, certifying any instrument of record
- $0.50 Acknowledgment of signature
- $10.00 For filing notices of tax liens under the Internal Revenue laws of the United States (fee includes a $5.00 U.C.C. filing fee provided by K.S.A. 79-2617)
- $5.00 For filing releases of tax liens, certificates of discharge, under the Internal Revenue laws of the United States or the revenue laws of the State of Kansas filed both prior to and after the effective date of this act
- $5.00 For filing liens for materials and services under K.S.A. 58-210, and amendments thereto
- $5.00 K.S.A. 60-2201 - Lis Pendens
- $5.00 K.S.A. 79-2616d - Federal Tax Lien Certificate
- $0.25 K.S.A. 79-2616d - Copy of tax lien (per page)
Uniform Commercial Code
- $15.00 Original financing statement - up to 10 pages
- $15.00 Amended financing statement - up to 10 pages
- $15.00 Continuation statement - up to 10 pages
- $15.00 Financing statement indicating assignment - up to 10 pages
- $15.00 Separate statement of assignment - up to 10 pages
- $15.00 Statement of Release of all or part of any collateral described in a filed financing statement - up to 10 pages
- $1.00 Attachments, each additional page
- $3.00 Real Estate mortgage subject to 84-9-402(6) (Fixture Filing)
- $8.00 Written information request: Per debtor name
- $1.00 Copy request: A copy of any filed financing statement or statement of assignment (per page)
- $15.00 Termination Statement
No fee shall be charged or collected for any filing made by like department of revenue as required under the provisions of the Kansas inheritance tax act, and amendments thereto.
All fees enumerated in this section, except those charged for the filing of liens and releases of tax liens under the internal revenue laws of the United States, shall be due and payable before the register of deeds shall be required to do the work. If the register of deeds fails to collect any of the fees provided in this section, the amount of the fees at the end of each quarter shall be deducted from the register's salary. The register of deeds shall bill the United State Internal Revenue Service on the last day of each month for the amount of fees accrued in the filing and releasing of federal tax liens.
If the name or names of the signer or signers or any notary public to any instrument to be recorded are not plainly typed or printed under the signatures affixed to the instrument. the register of deeds shall charge and collect a fee of ($1.00) in addition to all other fees provided in this section.
In sufficient space is not provided for the necessary recording information and certification on a document, such recording information shall be placed on an added sheet and such sheet shall be counted as a page. The document shall be of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction thereof. If a document is judged not to be of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction, such document shall be accompanied by an exact copy thereof which shall be of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction thereof and which shall be recorded contemporaneously with the document and shall be counted as additional pages. The register of deeds may reject any document which is not of sufficient legibility so as to produce a clear and legible reproduction thereof.
Any document which was filed on or after January 1, 1989, which was a size print or smaller than 8-point type but which otherwise was properly filed shall be deemed to be validly filed.
Except as otherwise provided, all fees provided for in this section shall be paid by the register of deeds to the county treasurer and deposited into the general fund of the county.
Mortgage Registration Fee:
Instruments which create a lien on real estate must pay the registration fee, which is equal to .0026 times the amount of the mortgage.