Fargot Password? / Help
A Property Tax refund for eligible homeowners and renters

To Qualify:

As a Kansas resident for all of 2000, you are eligible at income tax time for a refund of up to $600 if your total "household income" is $25,000 or less, AND:

  • you were born before January 1, 1945, OR
  • you were totally and permanently disabled or blind for the entire year of 2000, OR
  • you have a dependent child who lived with you the entire year who was born before January 1, 2000, and was under the age of 18 all of 2000.
  • "Household income" means ALL taxable and non-taxable income received by all members of the household. Beginning with tax year 2000, Social Security disability payments are not included in "household income."

  • To use an expected homestead refund to help pay up to half of property taxes:

    Homeowners who received a homestead refund last year will automatically receive a Refund Advancement Letter and Form ELG from the Kansas Department of Revenue. To have your advancement amount applied to the first half of your property taxes, take these letters and your 2000 property tax statement to your county clerk's office by December 20, 2000. You must still file a homestead refund claim with the Kansas Department of Revenue after January 2, 2001.

    Leave your comment

    Your Name: (required)

    E-Mail: (required)

    Website: (not required)

    Message: (required)