Fargot Password? / Help
Q. Where do I register to vote:

A. The County Clerk's office or at the Driver's License Examiner's office when you renew you license. Sometimes political organizations set up booths at local businesses close to election time at which you can register also.

Q. Where can I buy a hunting or fishing license?

A. The County Clerk's office / various vendors / Wild Life & Parks

Q. What information do I need to file my Homestead Return and my Food Sales Tax Return?

A. Total household income, including Social Security, and a copy of tax statement

Q. When can I expect my Homestead and Food Sales Tax refund?

A. It usually takes about six weeks.

Q. How do I find out who owns a certain piece of property?

A. Bring the legal description or address to the Clerk's office.

Q. Do we have county zoning?

A. No

Q. Who takes care of the little cemeteries?

A. Call the County Clerk's office for this answer. They are all handled by different people.

Q. What is the population of Phillips County?

A. 6,080

Q. What is the population of the city of Phillipsburg?

A. 2,504

Q. What is the population of other cities in the county?

Agra - 285
Glade - 102
Kirwin - 256
Logan - 568
Long Island - 165
Prairie View - 104
Speed City - 62

Q. How can I use my Homestead Refund to help pay up to half of my property tax?

A. If you received a homestead refund last year, you will automatically receive a Refund Advancement Letter and Form ELG from the Kansas Department of Revenue. Take the department's letter and last year's property tax statement to your County Clerk's office by December 20 of that year. A homestead claim must still be filed after January 1 of the next year.

Q. How much is the Food Sales Tax Refund?


If your income (KAGI) is: Your refund is:
$0 - $12,500 $60 for each exemption
$12,501 - $25,000 $30 for each exemption

Leave your comment

Your Name: (required)

E-Mail: (required)

Website: (not required)

Message: (required)